rememberance

In the Old Testament when the children of Israel would experience the power of God in their midst such as crossing the Jordan and being freed from slavery, defeating an enemy in battle etc. God told them to build an altar of remembrance. So when the next generation passed by it and asked what it was for it would be an opportunity to share what God had done for His people. Also it would be a reminder to the people who had experienced His power and faithfulness. All this to say, I decided while I was healing in bed from my surgery that I wanted to make an art piece to hang in our home as my Altar of Remembrance. It has all the scripture that I clung to and that God comforted me with before and after the surgery. It reminds me of His character, mightiness, care, faithfulness and how close He always is to me.
It has scripture from Job 38-42

1 comment: